Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Laptop Cursor Wont Move

Nicholas Amman - and I you

Finally I decided to write this review you and me, the new book by Niccolò Ammaniti , an author I like, I respect a lot and I've always considered bright and deep. You and I appear as a small booklet, like a long tale, has pages of recycled paper (which, alas, come away if you're squeamish readers) and it reads really fast.
The story is that of Lorenzo, a teenager different from others, especially, who loves his family but at the same time very close to other people, which can not bind, and he considers boring, a level low, repetitive, nothing that can intrigue or increase it.
Parents do not understand, despite the affection, I think he has psychological problems, that socialization is important, but Lorenzo is okay, is enough in itself, does not need, and indeed, to be frank, others do not give him anything ( why not leave me alone? "Because I had to be equal to others? Why could not I live on my own in a Canadian forest? ).



So one day he is a brilliant idea. And pretend to be what others expect of him. It works, his teammates are starting to consider one of them, his family is happy, the psychologist is no longer necessary, but above all Lorenzo has finally become a normal boy ( football game was a moron, all chasing a ball but that was like the others. If I learned that game was done, I had friends ).
One day Lorenzo, to please his mother, said that he was invited to spend a week in the mountains from one of his classmate. The mother is happy, she bought him clothes and skiing, smothers. But Lorenzo, once known lie, no longer knows how to get out, and continues in his "dancing", closing instead a week in the basement of the house.
to awaken from its torpor is Olivia, sister, a wonderful woman with many problems and slave heroin. Olivia drags with him to life in real life, slap in the face of physical and existential problems that the other people, and making him open his eyes to a different reality, that of people different from him, that does not belong to his social class bourgeois who succeed in spite of their crisis, to smile in life and not be overwhelmed by a great itself.
Throughout the week Olivia sick, will have a strong withdrawal symptoms, but the two brothers find themselves, friends, to wish well as when they were children.
Something will change in the life of Lorenzo? Yes, as always in all the novels of training in Amman.
A glimpse of a society rich and noble, far away from my own personal outlook on life, but despite myself I know very well. A glimpse of presumption and bigotry exasperating, through a superb character and full of himself, but also a coward and protected by their social class, completely won by a company that does not feel understood, and never will be, because, although his is adolescent crisis is actually a very deep existential crisis, and will accompany him all his life. Acceptance of life out there, then, as the string introduces Einaudi? I think a lot more. A light to a different understanding, clearer and stronger, of our character, of the self, one's inner life with which we must learn to live with themselves, but also with others.

Ammaniti A different than usual but still the same. But this book left me with the usual heat. Perhaps the author is a bit 'too gentrified ...??

"things, when you think, what need is there to say?"
"a Lawrence that he was ashamed to talk to others but wanted to be like others. I liked to pretend to love others "
" I remember that my teammates embraced me and it was nice because they believed that was one of them "
" somewhere in the tropics, lives a fly that imitates the wasps. It has four wings, but holds on each other, so they sound like. He abdomen striped yellow and black, antennae and bulging eyes and even has a fake sting. Never mind, it is good. But, dressed like a wasp, the birds, lizards, even men are afraid. It can get quiet in crawl spaces, one of the most dangerous places in the world and supervised, and nobody knows "
" imitated them with discretion. Since imitation is a caricature of a moment "
"Staged this farce but more than I felt different. The line that separates me from other grew deeper. Since I was just happy, I had to play with others. This thing, at times, frightened me. I should like them for the rest of life? "
"as I was fine. If I bring food and water we'd spend the rest of life. And I realized that if I ended up in solitary confinement in prison I would have been in the grace of God"
"look if you leave 're hidden and you make your own business does not mean you're a good person. It 's too easy to think so "
" It's embarrassing to be seen when you're sick. And when one is dying wants to be left alone "
"but I kept my stories for me, because if the story is spoiled just like cut flowers and I did not like most"
"I hated the ends. In order things should always be, for better or worse, to fix "

0 comments:

Post a Comment